Saturday, September 4, 2010

Jardin des Tuileries






Friends and husband working, I find a lot of time to myself these days after the wedding. One thing I absolutely love to do is pack up a book and head over to the Jardin des Tuileries. This is not my favorite garden, but I have found a neat little corner where no one for some reason ever ventures to when I'm around!

Jardin des Tuileries is situated right in front of the Louvre. This was where Kings use to amuse themselves with their games. Lined up on the famous Rue de Rivoli, you will find Le Meurice hotel (and its outstanding 2 star restaurant), the Angelina cafe (with its super yummy but super thick hot chocolate), and many touristic stores where you can find vintage posters and souvenirs to bring back home.

Metro: Concorde, Tuileries
Photos by Me

3 comments:

  1. is this one of those french gardens i'm meant to start crying for the beauty of it all? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no no no that's Jardin de Luxembourg! Ok I didn't say that it was Shikin ok! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    I absolutely love your photos from this post. I would like to use one for the homepage of the website I work for – hopper.com so please contact me tara@hopper.com

    Thanks for the consideration :)

    ReplyDelete